Who we are
The ETI is a public-private partnership between global energy and engineering companies and the UK Government. Our role is to act as a conduit between academia, industry and the government to accelerate the development of low carbon technologies. We bring together engineering projects that develop affordable, secure and sustainable technologies to help the UK address its long term emissions reductions targets as well as delivering nearer term benefits. We make targeted commercial investments in nine technology programmes across heat, power, transport and the infrastructure that links them.
What we do
ETI delivers innovation from strategic planning to technology demonstration.
Knowledge building to…
– Inform industry decision making through robust, shared evidence and commercially available projects
– Build a better understanding of decarbonisation potential in developing industries
– Inform policy debate
£50m of projects focussed on knowledge building to date
Developing technology to…
– Build supply chain capability
– Create economic opportunities
– Exploit UK technology knowledge and skills
£66m of projects focused on developing technology to date
Demonstrating technology to…
– De-risk new systems
– Focus and accelerate low carbon innovation
– Build investor confidence
£103m of projects focused on demonstrating technology to date
ETI – Partnership in Action
To view a copy of the ETI’s Business Principles please click here.